We gladly welcome you to our website and our online store. Our website contains information about minerals, inspiration for how to incorporate minerals into your diet, general healthy diet encouragement and a retail store for buying our mineral products. Through these activities we collect, store, use and disclose personal information. We respect your privacy and we recognise the importance of safeguarding your information. This Privacy Statement therefore sets out how we use your information and the steps we take to ensure your privacy remains protected.
Acceptance of policy
How do we collect your information?
As you interact with us, we will collect your information in several ways. Often you will provide this information directly to us, but in other cases it might be collected automatically through technical means such as Cookies.
If you contact us through our website, by email, by social media or purchase items from our store, we will collect the following information in order to provide the contract to you and respond to any queries:
- Your name
- Your postal address
- Your email address
- Order details
- Financial or payment information such as your card details if a purchase has been made.
We collect the following information about you automatically, through technical means such as Cookies, when you browse our store:
- Internet protocol (IP) address
- Country geolocation using IP address
- Browsing data linked to Google Analytics.
Purposes for which we hold, use and disclose information
We keep a record of transactions and communications so that we can bring claims or defend ourselves in the event of a legal claim or a complaint.
We use the information for several purposes. For example, we use it to fulfill your online orders, to help analyse and improve how our store and website works and where we have received your consent we may provide you with marketing emails such as updates about new products or promotions.
We may disclose your information to third party companies that perform certain business-related functions on our behalf. Examples include research, analytics, marketing, technical assistance, order fulfillment and customer service.
Sharing your information with Woocommerce
- Woocommerce provides us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
- Woocommerce therefore hosts the data we collect about you.
- Your data is stored through Woocommerce’s data storage, databases and the general Woocommerce application, on a secure server behind a firewall. Your data will be stored in Woocommerce’s servers in the USA.
- If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Woocommerce stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS).
- Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted. All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers. For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service here or Privacy Statement here.
To protect your personal information, we take put in place appropriate technological and organisational measures and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
Access and correction
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure any personal data we collect, use or disclose is up to date and accurate. If you believe personal information we hold about you is not up to date or accurate, you may ask us to correct it.
You may ask us to correct your personal information, provide you with details of the personal information we hold about you, and copies of that information. We will respond to your request and attempt to provide you with the data within 30 days of receipt of your request. If we provide you with copies of the information you have requested, we may charge you a reasonable fee to cover the administrative costs of providing you with that information. Please direct all request for access and correction to [email protected]
‘Cookies’ are small text files that are stored by your browser (for example, Internet Explorer or Safari) on your computer or mobile phone. We use “cookies” and similar technology on our website and in other technology applications. The use of such technologies is an industry standard, and helps us monitor the effectiveness of our advertising and how visitors use our websites/applications. We use such technologies to generate statistics, measure your activity, improve the usefulness of our websites/applications and to enhance the customer experience.
What type of cookies do we use?
Our Cookies are either first party or third party. Whether a Cookie is ‘first’ or ‘third’ party refers to the website or domain placing the Cookie. First Party Cookies are placed directly by us, while other parties we may do business with set Third Party Cookies. These third parties collect data directly from your web browser and the processing of this data is subject to their own privacy policies.
Cookies are either:
- Sesson Cookies – which allow websites to link your actions during a browser session. We may use these for a variety of purposes such as remembering what you clicked on, on the previous page visited. These session Cookies expire after a browser session so would not be stored longer term; or
- Persistent Cookies – which are stored on your device in between browser sessions and allow your preferences or actions across a site (or in some cases across different websites) to be remembered. These Cookies do not expire once the browsing session closes and remain on your device until an expiration date set by the source of the Cookie.
There are three cateogires of cookies that we use.
- Essential cookies – These Cookies are essential to make our website work correctly, they enable you to move around our website and use our features and make purchases. These Cookies are necessary for the provision of our services and if you do not want us to collect such information, you won’t be able to use our site or make purchases.
- Performance cookies – Performance cookies are cookies that we use specifically for gathering data on how visitors use our website, which pages of a website are visited most often, or if they get error messages on web pages. These cookies monitor only the performance of our site as the user interacts with it.
- Functionality Cookies – Functionality cookies allow websites to remember the user’s site preferences and choices they make on the site including username, region, and language to provide a more personalised website experience.
- Targeting/Advertising Cookies – These Cookies are used to deliver content that is more relevant to you and your interests. They may be used to deliver targeted advertising or to limit the number of times you see an advertisement.
Most internet browsers are initially set up to automatically accept Cookies but you can disable them in in the settings of the particular internet browser you use.